To test and train your child’s working memory at any age
This activity will test and train your child’s working memory at any age. Children are given 4 animals in different seating positions to memorize. After a few minutes, they will be asked to arrange the animals to sit according to the given layout. There are 16 different layouts for your child to practice. Let’s do it.
What you’ll need
- Bottle Caps
- Double-sided Tape
- Adhesive Tape
- Scissors / Cutter Knife
How to Set Up
- Print the Chanafavors printable file, cut out the school bus, 5 animals and 16 layout cards.
- Stick each animal to a bottle cap with double-sided tape.
- Cut the windows out of the school bus and stick the black background on the back of the school bus. Leave both ends open. Attach the top row windows to the front of the school bus with clear tape at the top so they can be turned over.
How to play
- Set up the school bus in front of your child. Insert a layout card.
- Ask your child to memorize the animals and their seating positions. Close the top row windows and ask your child to arrange the animals to sit according to the given layout.
- Flip the windows to see if the animals are seated correctly. If not, try again. If correct, switch to the next layout card.
Adult supervision is required for any activity presented by CHANA and Chanafavors.