To experiment with facial expression and learn emotions
Recognizing facial expressions is the first step in learning emotions. In this activity, children match the mouths to the eyes to experiment with facial expressions related to the emotions. Let’s get started.
What you’ll need
- Chanafavors Free Printables www.chanafavors.com (Link in Bio)
- Transparent Plastic
- Permanent Marker
How to Set Up
- Print the Chanafavors free printable file. Cut the paper in half to separate the eyes and mouths.
- Place the transparencies over the mouth shapes. Copy the mouth forms with a permanent marker.
- Cut into six pieces to separate each mouth.
How to play
- Place the faceplate with the eyes on the table.
- Pick a mouth and try it on the face to see how it looks. If it looks right, talk about what emotion it represents.
Adult supervision is required for any activity presented by CHANA and Chanafavors.