This puzzle helps children build confidence in sequencing numbers. Children can use the words ‘before’ and ‘after’ to line up the caps by making sliding moves that uses the empty space. Once the kids have mastered it, we can change the numbered bottle caps to 9, 10, 11, or else. Let’s do this.
What you’ll need
- Chanafavors Free Printables www.chanafavors.com (Link in Bio)
- Glue Stick
- Bottle Caps
- Permanent Marker
How to Set Up
- Print and cut out the chicken house from Chanafavors free printable file. Glue onto the cardboard. Remove the inner square.
- Attach another sheet of cardboard as a base.
- Draw numbers on bottle caps.
How to play
- Randomly place 8 numbered caps on the inner square.
- Make sliding moves that uses the empty space until the numbers line up without lifting the bottle caps.
For older children, change numbers to higher numbers.