Makes it easier for kids to remember Greater Than and Less Than Signs
In this activity children compare sets of numbers and associate the frog’s mouth with Greater Than and Less Than signs, making it easier for the child to remember the symbols. We may write numbers 1 to 10 to younger children and introduce numbers greater than ten to older children. Let’s get started.
How to Set Up
- Print the Chanafavors printable file.
- Cut out the frog’s face and cut along the solid green line to separate the mouthpiece. Laminate the worksheet, the frog face and mouth.
- Attach the paper fastener head to the back of the frog face and mouth with a glue gun. Make two holes at the marked positions on the worksheet. Fasten the frog’s face and mouth in place.
How to play
- Write a number on each lotus flower.
- Ask your child to compare which number is greater and which number is less.
- Show your child how to move the frog’s face and mouth to become a Greater Than sign when the number on the left is greater and the Less Than sign when the number to the right is greater.
- We may write numbers 1 to 10 to younger children and introduce numbers greater than ten to older children.
Adult supervision is required for any activity presented by CHANA and Chanafavors.