In this activity, children begin to understand the concept of symmetry. They can experiment with different patterns on the folded paper, expect and see the result of their symmetrical artwork. Let’s give it a try.
What you’ll need
- Tissue Paper
- Colored Markers
- Laminator and Laminating Pouches
- Adhesive Tape
How to Set Up
- Take a layer of tissue paper and fold it in half and fold it in half again to make a square.
- Fold again diagonally to get an acute angle in the center.
- Cut the end of the folded paper around to form a petal shape.
How to play
- Show children how to create symmetrical patterns on folded paper.
- Invite the children to paint on the petal with color markers as they like.
- Unfold the petals to see the effect. Laminate the flowers and attach the yarn to make the hangers.
Adult supervision is required for any activity presented by CHANA and Chanafavors.