To help children develop fine motor skills and control hand movements
This paper flower arrangement activity helps children develop fine motor skills and control their hand movements. Children practice cutting circles and shapes and gently arranging flowers in a 2D paper vase to avoid tearing the paper, a hand control exercise. Let’s get started.
What you’ll need
- Chanafavors Free Printables www.chanafavors.com (Link in Bio)
- Pipe Cleaners
- Adhesive Tape
How to Set Up
- Print the Chanafavors free printable files.
- Cut along the dotted lines above and below the mouth of the vase with a cutter knife.
How to play
- Show your children how to move the paper and scissors to cut along the dotted line into a circle.
- Invite your children to cut the remaining flowers and the leaves. Attach each flower to the pipe cleaner with tape.
- Gently insert the flowers into the upper and lower openings of the mouth of the vase, so as not to tear the vase to practice hand control.
Adult supervision is required for any activity presented by CHANA and Chanafavors.