To emphasize the concept of quantity and encourage children to use fingers
In this number recognition activity, children count apples, associate quantities with numbers and choose the correct number from the provided options. In addition to emphasizing the concept of quantity from 1 to 9, it also encourages children to use their fingers to precisely control the clothespin to the exact position. Let’s do it.
What you’ll need
- Wooden Clothespins
- Double-sided Tape
How to Set Up
- Print the Chanafavors printable file.
- Cut out apple cards and squirrels.
- Attach each squirrels to a clothespin with double-sided tape.
How to play
- Place an apple cards in front of your child.
- Ask your child if they can count. and tell the number of apples in the picture on the left.
- Then ask for the number on the right and pin a squirrel to the correct number. Repeat the steps with other apple cards.
Adult supervision is required for any activity presented by CHANA and Chanafavors.