To help your child to visualize numbers and make adding and subtraction easier
This activity helps children to visualize numbers, addition and subtraction. Besides practicing counting and matching quantities with numbers, it also makes addition and subtraction easier for kids. Let’s get started
What you’ll need
- Chanafavors Printables
- Cotton Buds
- Scissors / Glue Stick
- Watercolor Paint
- Cardboard Box
How to Set Up
- Print the Chanafavors printable file.
- Matching: Cut out the watermelon slices. Cut along the dotted line separate the puzzles. Separate the left and right pieces for younger children.
- Addition and Subtraction: Attach the plus/minus sheet on the cardboard box. Make holes at the marked positions with an awl.
How to play
- Matching: Start with the left piece for the number 1. Encourage your child to count the dots out loud, asking them to find the matching numbers.
- Dot Stamping: Place the sheet in front of your child. Show how to stamp the dots according to the number on watermelons with cotton buds and watercolor.
- Addition and Subtraction: Write numbers or use watermelon numbers for math problems.
Have your child insert half of the cotton swab according to the first number on the board. Increase or decrease the cotton swab according to the number of the second number. Count the number of cotton swabs as an answer.
Adult supervision is required for any activity presented by CHANA and Chanafavors.