Try this to get your child familiar with nail clippers
This activity helps kids get used to using nail clippers. They’ll want to trim the cat’s nails themselves, forgetting that they’re afraid of having their nails trimmed. After this, they will get used to the nail clippers and will be less afraid of having their nails cut. Let’s play.
What you’ll need
- Chanafavors Free Printables www.chanafavors.com (Link in Bio)
- Hot Glue Gun and Sticks
- Glue Stick
- Nail Clippers
How to Set Up
- Print Chanafavors free printable file. Cut out the image of cat’s paws.
- Stick half a toothpick on each cat’s finger. Put another cat’s paw over it. See that one side is the palm and the other is the back of the paw.
- Repeat with all paws.
How to play
- Show your children how to clip a cat’s nail with a nail clipper.
- Invite your kids to cut the cat’s nails.
- Ask the children if they would like to try cutting their nails. Show them how to cut their own nails.
Adult supervision is required for any activity presented by CHANA and Chanafavors.