Activities for kids to learn to estimate and compare heights
In this activity, children learn to estimate and compare flower stem heights and place them in matching containers. They may compare the flowers to individual containers or make estimates and try until each flower fits in the appropriate container. Let’s see how it goes.
What you’ll need
- Chanafavors Free Printables www.chanafavors.com (Link in Bio)
- Circle Punch (1 1/2 in.)
- Pipe Cleaners
- Hot Glue Gun and Sticks
How to Set Up
- Print the Chanafavors free printable file.
- Cut out 6 sunflowers. Attach each to a pipe cleaner that is the same length/height as the flower stalk on the sheet.
- Cut six straws to each about the length/height of the flower stalk. Stick the straws on each flower stalk on the sheet.
How to play
- Invite your child to compare flower stalks and find a flower as tall as the stem on the sheet. Put the flower in the straw.
- Repeat until all flowers are in a suitable container with the stalks the same height.
- Talk about comparing the short and tall, shorter and taller, shortest and tallest flowers with your child depending on their level.
Adult supervision is required for any activity presented by CHANA and Chanafavors.