In this activity, children draw spirograph or spiral patterns for fun while practicing a pencil grip to control the marker and strengthen fine motor skills. Children will become familiar with the circles and patterns with complex math behind the scenes without realizing it. Let’s get started.
What you’ll need
- Chanafavors Free Printables www.chanafavors.com (Link in Bio)
- Plastic Lids
- Push Pins
- Drawing Paper
How to Set Up
- Print Chanafavors free printable files.
- Copy the dot pattern on the plastic cover. Make holes on the dot positions with push pins. Cut out the uneven part of the lid to make a circle.
- Attach the plastic plate to the small roll of tape with clear tape.
How to play
- Place a large roll of tape on the drawing paper. Then put the small roll of tape inside.
- Insert a pointed pen or pencil into the point hole. Then circle the pen so that the outer edge of the small tape runs several times around the inner edge of the large tape.
- Try different dot plates, other tape rolls, and turning the pen in different ways to get different patterns.
Adult supervision is required for any activity presented by CHANA and Chanafavors.