For children to guess sizes and shapes to practice recognition skills
In this activity, children learn to guess sizes and freeform shapes that are a bit more difficult than basic shapes. Learning shapes helps children to pay attention to details and practice recognition skills that are useful for learning other things such as numbers, letters and symbols. Let’s do this.
What you’ll need
How to Set Up
- Print the Chanafavors printable file.
- Cut out the pumpkins and shadow cards.
How to play
- Place the worksheet in front of your child. Invite them to choose a shadow card.
- Point to the bottom pumpkin and talk about its shape. Ask if they can find the matching pumpkin. Encourage them to pick it up and place it on the worksheet.
- Repeat the process with the next pumpkin and the rest of the cards.
Adult supervision is required for any activity presented by CHANA and Chanafavors.