In this activity, children use spoons to scoop pom-poms from the right, move them into the cup on the left and vice versa. This movement strengthens the muscles of the knuckles, thumb and index fingers, and with frequent practice, it will be easier for your child to hold a pencil. Let’s get started.
What you’ll need
- Pom Pom Balls
- Plastic Cup
How to Set Up
- Place the spoons in a row from left to right. Place the cup on the right side. Put one pom pom on the first spoon.
How to play
- Show your children how to hold a spoon with thumb and index fingers and move the pom-pom to the next spoon.
- Invite your children to move the pom pom to the next spoon and cup. Try again if the pom-pom falls off the spoon along the way.
- Then try to move the pom pom from left to right, from right to left, or use both hands at the same time.
- For younger children, use larger spoons and pom poms.
Adult supervision is required for any activity presented by CHANA and Chanafavors.