To help your child remember numbers and sequences
This activity helps children to recognize numbers and sequences. You can ask younger kids to sequence numbers from 1 to 5 or 10 depending on their level. Connecting the train wagons also helps to exercise the finger muscles. Let’s get started.
What you’ll need
- Chanafavors Free Printables www.chanafavors.com (Link in Bio)
- Food Coloring / Water
- Clear Glass Bowls
How to Set Up
- Print the Chanafavors printable file.
- Cut out the train and the wagons. Attach a short straw to the back of each wagon with clear tape.
- Attach the long yarn to the back of the train with clear tape. Attach a non-pointed toothpick to the other end of the yarn with clear tape.
How to play
- Place the train and wagons in front of your children. Starting with number 1, show how to thread the wagon onto the train with the toothpick.
- Ask your children to find the next number and read it aloud.
- Invite them to thread the wagons onto the train with yarn in order.
- We may use numbers 1 to 5 or 10 to younger children and introduce numbers greater than ten to older children.
Adult supervision is required for any activity presented by CHANA and Chanafavors.