For kids, the morning routine is no fun work sequence. Sometimes they just don’t know what to do first and next. This activity has a visual cue chart to remind children what to do each morning and to help develop executive functioning skills, which are the skills to get things done even when it’s not fun. Such skills are essential for future endeavors. Let’s do it.
What you’ll need
- Chanafavors Free Printables www.chanafavors.com (Link in Bio)
- Mini Clothespins
How to Set Up
- Print Chanafavors free printable files. Fold it into thirds along the longitudinal lines. Remove the excess.
- Glue the lower part of the fold to the middle part. Cut along the dotted lines.
- Glue the top part to the cardboard. Attach a clothespin to the top of each task.
How to play
- Introduce the visual cue chart to your children.
- Show your kids how to accomplish each task. Guide them or do it together with them if necessary.
- Let the children do it themselves. When each task is completed, fold the tab up to show the checkmark and secure it with the clothespin. Encourage them to get all checkmarks.
Adult supervision is required for any activity presented by CHANA and Chanafavors.