To help kids understand the basic math concepts of subtraction
This game helps children understand the basic math concepts of subtraction. When children can easily subtract numbers, they’ll feel good about their achievements and feel good about math too. Let’s do it.
What you’ll need
- Scissors / Glue
How to Set Up
- Print the Chanafavors printable file.
- Cut out the banana images and attach a piece of short straw on the back with a glue gun.
- Attach the monkey sheet on the cardboard. Thread 10 bananas into the yarn. Thread the ends to the position of the marked cross. Stick the adhesive tape on both ends.
How to play
- Place the monkey board in front of your child.
- Arrange the 10 bananas on the left side and write the number 10 as the starting number and subtract the other number.
- Invite your child to count 10 bananas and move the number of bananas to the right. Count the remaining bananas and write down the answer numbers.
- You can take the bananas out of the yarn for any desired starting number.
Adult supervision is required for any activity presented by CHANA and Chanafavors.