To encourage children to do math problems and help them visualize addition
This activity encourages kids to do math problems and helps them visualize addition which makes it easier for them. After the kids are able to successfully add numbers in a fun way, they’ll feel confident when facing more math problems later on. Let’s do it.
What you’ll need
- Chanafavors Free Printables
- Laminator and Laminating Pouches
- Whiteboard Markers
How to Set Up
- Print the Chanafavors printable file. Laminate the worksheet for reuse.
How to play
- Write a math addition problem with a whiteboard marker.
- Show your children how to find out by drawing jellyfish tentacles by numbers. Count all the tentacles aloud to find the total. Write the answer with a whiteboard pen.
- Repeat the step and invite your children to find the answer themselves.
- You can write the jellyfish tentacles with a whiteboard pen or use jellyfish tentacles clay. You can either write the answer or choose from the ready-made numbers.
- The whiteboard pen on the laminate can be removed with tissue paper.
Adult supervision is required for any activity presented by CHANA and Chanafavors.