An easy way to talk to your child about their emotions
This activity is an easy way to talk to your children about how to recognize and deal with their uncontrollable emotions. Kids can wear the Emotion Watch to remind them of how to face times of fear, anger, or sadness when you are not with them. Let’s do it.
What you’ll need
- Cutter Knife
- Glue Stick
How to Set Up
- Print the Chanafavors printable file. Cut out the face images and the bands.
- Fold the face images in half. Glue the bottom half of the first face with the top half of the next. Repeat with all the face images.
- Attach the faces on the band. Try turning the faces over to see if it works well.
How to play
- Bring the watch and ask your children how they feel. They may flip the face of their feeling.
- Discuss how to handle the feelings.
- They can wear the Emotion Watch to remind them how to handle the feelings when you are not around.
- Use thick paper to make the watch band last longer.
Adult supervision is required for any activity presented by CHANA and Chanafavors.