This activity encourages children to practice using scissors to cut paper in one go, which is a practice of cutting before continuous cutting or cutting into shapes. Cutting is the best way to practice hand-eye coordination. Choose scissors that are easy to open and fit for your child’s hand. Supervise children throughout the activity for safety.
What you’ll need
- Chanafavors Free Printables www.chanafavors.com (Link in Bio)
- Construction Paper
- Glue Stick
How to Set Up
- Print the Chanafavors free printable files on colored paper.
- Cut out the paper strips along the dotted lines. Fold both ends in the marked positions.
- Apply glue to the end of the paper strips and attach 4 strips to each gift circle to wrap. Wait until dry.
How to play
- Show your children how to handle and use the scissors. Cut a gift wrap strip.
- Have the children cut the gift wrap strips to open them.
- Talk about the gift inside. Repeat with the rest of the presents.
Adult supervision is required for any activity presented by CHANA and Chanafavors.