Fun practice for fine motor skills and developing your child’s pincer grasp
In this activity, children have fun practicing fine motor skills and developing their pincer grasp by using the thumb and index finger to handle pipe cleaners. Take turns drawing and bending the pipe cleaners with the kids. Let’s have fun and laugh a lot.
What you’ll need
- Chanafavors Printables
- Clear Sticker Sheet
- Pipe Cleaners
- Whiteboard Markers
How to Set Up
- Print the Chanafavors printable file.
- Cut a small card and coat it with clear tape for reuse.
- Cut the pipe cleaners into pieces the length of the flamingo legs.
How to play
- Place the sheet with a large flamingo in front of your child.
- Draw a two-legged flamingo pose on a small card. Invite the kid to bend the pipe cleaners according to the Flamingo pose.
- Take turns drawing and bending the pipe cleaners with your child.
Adult supervision is required for any activity presented by CHANA and Chanafavors.