To make adding and subtracting numbers easy to understand
This 2-in-1 activity helps children visualize numbers and associate numbers with quantities. Children count the dots and place the fish in the direction corresponding to the given code and put the number of fish in the bowl according to the number on the dice. We can use one or two dice depending on the child’s ability. Let’s get started.
What you’ll need
- Glue Stick
How to Set Up
- Print the Chanafavors printable file.
- Cut out the fish.
- Cut out the dice. Fold along the dotted lines and attach double-sided tape along the tabs. Then construct the dice.
How to play
- Place a worksheet with numbers 1 to 4 in front of your child. Describe the codes, 1 dot for left, 2 dots for right, and so on.
- Point to the first bowl and ask your child to count the number of dots and decode it. Then put the fish in the bowl in the direction corresponding to the code. Repeat the process for the remaining bowls.
- Place the large bowl in front of your child. Invite them to roll the dice and count the dots on the dice. Place the fish according to the counted number. Repeat to practice counting.
Adult supervision is required for any activity presented by CHANA and Chanafavors.