brain exercises to promote the development of logical thinking skills
This 3-in-1 brain exercise encourages children to think step-by-step on the relationship between shapes, colors and numbers to develop logical thinking skills. Start with 4 shape codes and numbers 1-4. Once the child is familiar and proficient, add numbers and shapes according to the child’s ability. Let’s do this.
What you’ll need
- Plastic Sheet
- Whiteboard Markers
How to Set Up
- Print the Chanafavors printable files.
- Protect the sheet with a plastic folder and write with a whiteboard marker for reuse.
How to play
- Place the sheet with numbers 1 to 4 in front of your child. Describe the numeric code, number 1 for the yellow square, 2 for the green triangle, and so on. In the next table, ask your child to decode the shapes and write down the corresponding numbers. Repeat the steps for the remaining code sets. Then do the same on the sheet with numbers 1 to 8.
- Place the sheet with numbers 1 to 6 in front of your child. Describe the numeric code, number 1 for the red circle, 2 for the orange egg, and so on. On the first set of codes, ask your child to decode and draw a line connecting the corresponding shapes. Repeat the steps for the remaining code sets.
- Place the sheet with numbers 1 to 50 in front of your child. Read the numbers in order and ask the child which numbers are missing. Then write the missing numbers under the corresponding shapes in the table below.
Adult supervision is required for any activity presented by CHANA and Chanafavors.