To encourage kids to count the dates and tear paper with their fingers.
This paper tearing activity encourages children to count the calendar dates and use their fingers to hold a small corner of the paper, then tear the wrapping paper to see what’s in the gift every day until Christmas. Let’s do it.
What you’ll need
- Cutter Knife
- Glue Stick
How to Set Up
- Print the Chanafavors printable file.
- On the sheet with the items, glue outside the perimeter of the items and stick the sheet with the gift boxes on top.
- Cut the paper along the marked positions with a cutter. Fold all the corners of the paper.
How to play
- Place the paper in front of your child. Ask your child for the date and point to the number on the gift. See the calendar if necessary.
- Invite them to hold the corner of the paper and tear the wrapping paper apart to see what’s inside the gift. Talk about the gift details.
- Repeat the process on the next day until Christmas.
Adult supervision is required for any activity presented by CHANA and Chanafavors.