Create a spring blooming tree in this easy science activity
In this simple science activity, children can make a spring blooming tree and watch the flowers open and butterflies spread their wings. The fibers in the paper absorb water and expand, causing the folds to unfold. Let’s get started.
What you’ll need
- Laminator and Laminating Pouches
- Double-sided Tape
- Spray Bottle
- Permanent Marker
How to Set Up
- Print the Chanafavors free printable files.
- Laminate only the paper with the branching tree.
How to play
- Invite your children to color the flowers and butterflies as they like. Children with scissor skills can help you cut the flowers and butterflies out.
- Fold the petals toward the center of each flower. Fold the edges well so that they stay folded. Attach the flowers and butterflies to the laminated branching tree with double-sided tape.
- Place the tree in the tray and have your child spray the water on the flowers and butterflies. Watch the creases that will unfold.
Adult supervision is required for any activity presented by CHANA and Chanafavors.