To make adding and subtracting numbers easy to understand
This beehive worksheet shows children the tangible results of adding and subtracting numbers, making it easy to understand for children. The results can be seen clearly from the bee count. Let’s do it.
What you’ll need
- Chanafavors Printables
- Cardboard Box
- Adhesive Tape
- Scissors / Cutter Knife
- Glue Stick
- Mini Craft Sticks
How to Set Up
- Print the Chanafavors printable file. Stick clear tape over hexagonal images so that the worksheet can be reusable.
- Glue the worksheet on the cardboard box. Use the cutter knife to cut the marked positions on the honeycomb image.
- Cut out all the bee images and attach them to the craft sticks.
How to play
- Write down the math problem. Show your child how to use the beehive calculator.
- Put the bee sticks on the slots according to the first number. Add or remove the bee sticks by the second number. Then count the number of bee sticks and write the answer down.
- Invite your child to try solving math problems on their own using the beehive calculator.
- Trying to make math problems that are not too easy or too difficult for your child to complete will make it fun and build confidence.
Adult supervision is required for any activity presented by CHANA and Chanafavors.