To help kids practice number recognition and associate numbers with quantities
In this activity, children practice sequential thinking starting with number recognition and number identification as well as associating numbers with quantities through counting. Using a hole punch as a tool can also help children strengthen the hand and finger muscles. Let’s do it.
What you’ll need
- Hole Punch
How to Set Up
- Print the Chanafavors printable file.
- Cut out 18 apple strips. 9 unnumbered apple strips are used for number recognition, counting and hole punching. 9 numbered apple strips are used for hole punching similar numbers.
How to play
- Place the strip number 1 with unnumbered apples in front of your child. Point to the number and ask if your child could recognize the number. Then hole punch the apples according to the number.
- Place the strip number 1 with numbered apples in front of your child. Point to the number and ask if there are other apples with the same number on the strip. Then hole punch all the apples with the same number.
- Repeat the steps with strip number 2 to 9.
Adult supervision is required for any activity presented by CHANA and Chanafavors.