A hologram is a way to create a 3D image or video. In this activity, children will learn how to make a simple hologram projector and experiment with how the hologram projector works. The hologram projector reflects, refracts, and transmits light from a mobile phone placed beneath it to create a 3D animation into the viewer’s eyes.
Credits to PressToPlay and Андрей Миронов for the demo video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vTufphdowOw https://youtu.be/TcUHV6bHOeg
What you’ll need
- Chanafavors Free Printables www.chanafavors.com (Link in Bio)
- Demo video
- Transparent Plastic
- Permanent Marker
- Transparent Tape
- Cutter Knife
- Cutting Mat
How to Set Up
- Print the template from Chanafavors free printable files.
- Trace the template on a transparent plastic sheet with a permanent marker. Use a ruler to make sure the lines are accurate. Cut and assemble the projector with clear tape.
- Turn off the light or set up a dark room.
How to play
- Place the hologram projector on the mobile phone that opens the demo video in the dark.
- Try using other 2D images or videos to see different effects.
Adult supervision is required for any activity presented by CHANA and Chanafavors.