In this episode, children will learn to tie and dye to create unique patterns in a small scale. After children have learned to tie-dye to make baby wipes colorful (see ep.1 https://youtu.be/ONN6OkQgZjI), we come to tie and dye to create unique patterns. This activity encourages children’s imagination to create unique and colorful patterns on fabric. Let’s get started.
What you’ll need
- Baby Wipes
- Food Coloring
- Rubber Bands
- Liquid Dropper
How to Set Up
- Place a paper underlay on the table and bring a baby wipe.
How to play
- Fold the wipe to the side and fold it back a few more times to create a pleat.
- At one end, fold diagonally into a triangle. Then fold the triangle back and forth to the other side. Tie two or three rubber bands at the corners of the triangle to create a pattern.
- Dip the corners of the triangle into the paint cups to dye.
- Leave some white space to create a pattern.
Adult supervision is required for any activity presented by CHANA and Chanafavors.